2021-22 FAIE-Study Florida International Student Scholarships:
Florida Association for International Education (FAIE) is partnering with Study Florida to support two $2,000 scholarships annually for international students pursuing higher education at a college or university in Florida.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program at a Florida college or university.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a Florida college or university through Spring 2022. Each scholarship will be paid in two installments ($1,000 in Fall 2021 and $1,000 in Spring 2022).
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at their institution.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students may apply. One scholarship will be reserved for students pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s degree; one scholarship will be reserved for students pursuing a Masters, Doctoral, or Professional degree.
- Applicants must be a non-immigrant F-1 student visa holder in good standing.
For information please visit the Study Florida Higher Education Scholarship 2021 page.
Congratulations to the 2020 FAIE- Study Florida Scholarship Recipients:
Undergraduate Scholarship Recipient:
Current Institution: Santa Fe College
Hometown: Yunlin, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
To read Man-Chen Chen’s Biography click here.
Graduate Scholarship Recipient:
Current Institution: Saint Leo University
Hometown: Brisbane, Australia
To read Erik Hoffmann’s Biography click here.
2020 FAIE Annual State Conference Travel Grants
This travel grant is open to any international education professional currently working in the state of Florida who is planning to attend the FAIE Annual Conference that will be held in Gainesville, Florida on February 20-21, 2020. A total of three grants will be awarded for a maximum of $200 each. Awards will be made based upon the following criteria and are listed in order of priority:
- Statement of your experience in the field and your objectives in participating at the FAIE conference
- Outline of professional project that you will work on as a result of your experience at the conference (e.g., improve processes [for study abroad, international student, or ELP], student orientation, or create a marketing plan). You will be asked to share this project at the FAIE Business Meeting*
- Letter of recommendation from supervisor who will approve and monitor this contribution
*Please note that within two months after the conference, award winners will be required to have submitted their professional project, a statement of how they met or plan to meet their objectives and a photo of themselves for the FAIE website and/or FAIE Facebook site. Please email your information directly to Chair Elect, Jenny Frankel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates: Application Deadline is January 17, 2020 Notification of Award is January 21, 2020
NAFSA Trainer Corps Training 2020 FAIE Travel Grant
The NAFSA Trainer Corps is made up of approximately 300 member volunteers who develop, deliver, and maintain the NAFSA Core Education Program (CEP) curriculum and materials. Trainer Corps members deliver the NAFSA CEP Workshops at various events, programs, meetings, and conferences throughout the year, including NAFSA’s Annual Conference, Regional Conferences, and On-Site offerings all over the country.
This NAFSA TRAINER CORPS TRAINING 2020 FAIE TRAVEL GRANT has been developed for those Florida international education professionals who would like to become a member of the NAFSA Trainer Corps. FAIE will offer two travel grants for $500 each to those who apply for the program and are selected to participate in the areas of Study Abroad and International Student Services.
If you want to become a member of the NAFSA Trainer Corps you must complete the NAFSA application and be accepted to the program. (Acceptance to the program is usually announced at the end of February)
If you have been accepted into the NAFSA Trainer Corps program, you can then apply to the NAFSA Trainer Corps Training 2020 FAIE Travel Grant submitting the following documents toDr. Alejandra Parra by no later than Friday, March 13, 2020
- A Statement of:
– Your experience in the field (Study Abroad or International Student Services) that you are applying for
– Your interest in becoming part of the NAFSA Trainer Corps
- Letter of recommendation from supervisor who can attest to your skills as a presenter and knowledge of the field
Deadline for NAFSA Trainer Corps Application: Friday, January 2020 (check NAFSA Website)
Deadline for 2020 FAIE Trainer Corps Grant Document submission to Dr. Alejandra Parra: Friday, March 13, 2020
2020 FAIE Trainer Corps Grant recipient announcement: Friday, March 27, 2020