Do you have something you would like to promote to the FAIE community? Have an important update to share or job to fill? Have an FAIE event you would like to host? You can now submit items for FAIE review & inclusion in our social media channels, website, and/or newsletter by completing our short FAIE Content Submission Form. Please note that:
- Pictures really are worth 1,000 words! Help us by providing a picture related to your post or your event info already overlaid on top of an image.
- The newsletter is sent monthly on the third Tuesday; if you want something shared prior to that date, select social media and/or website.
- We’ll do our best to accommodate all requests, but please try to submit items at least a week before your desired posting date to give us time to review and process.
- All submissions are subject to review and may not be approved for dissemination.
Undergraduate Student: Dariyi Alibi
Current Institution: University of South Florida
Graduate Student: Gaurav Harshe
Current Institution: Florida State University
Click here for more information, to read the recipients’ biographies, and to watch their videos.
This grant is open to any international education professional currently working in the state of Florida. A total of three grants will be awarded for a maximum of $225 each to reimburse registration costs to attend the 2021 NAFSA All Region Summit from October 4-22, 2021
Learn more on the Travel Grants and Scholarships page
Supporting International Student Athletes with Upcoming Name, Image, and Likeness Changes
The upcoming changes to Name, Image, and Likeness regulations both in the state of Florida and in the NCAA, present significant challenges for international student athletes whose immigration status limits their ability to financially benefit from these changes. Panelists will discuss these challenges, highlight the importance of collaborative partnerships between Athletics Compliance and International Student & Scholar Services offices, and present creative solutions to support international student athletes.
- Aaron Blumberg, Partner, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Christina Khan, Director, UCF Global, University of Central Florida
- Kristen Hagen, Associate Director, International Student & Scholar Services, Florida State University
- Kat Jones, Assistant Director, Athletics Compliance, University of Central Florida
Thursday, May 13
Zoom: Register at https://ucf.zoom.us/s/93004953532
Please pre-submit questions to the panelists as well as descriptions of potential name, image, and likeness activities at http://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e8MopAsL3pmsFEi.
For questions about the event, please contact Christina Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our team to help connect the Florida international education community with resources, information, and each other! We are currently looking to fill the English Language Coordinator, Conference Coordinator, and Membership Coordinator positions by April 9th. You can view the positions descriptions and apply here: https://faie.org/bod-application/
Registration is now open for the FAIE 2021 Virtual Conference! For just $15, you can register for the conference right online HERE.
This year’s conference includes:
- Preconference workshops (F1 Beginner and F1 Intermediate)
- Opening reception with games and networking opportunities
- Sessions across all fields of international education
- Exhibitor hall with the chance to interact one-on-one
- Government panel including SEVP and EVP
- Immigration session looking into policies under the Biden administration
To see the complete conference schedule check out our conference page.
Florida Association for International Education (FAIE) is partnering with Study Florida to support two $2,000 scholarships annually for international students pursuing higher education at a college or university in Florida.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program at a Florida college or university.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a Florida college or university through Spring 2022. Each scholarship will be paid in two installments ($1,000 in Fall 2021 and $1,000 in Spring 2022).
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at their institution.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students may apply. One scholarship will be reserved for students pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s degree; one scholarship will be reserved for students pursuing a Masters, Doctoral, or Professional degree.
- Applicants must be a non-immigrant F-1 student visa holder in good standing.
For information please visit the Study Florida Higher Education Scholarship 2021 page.