Join our team to help connect the Florida international education community with resources, information, and each other! We are currently looking to fill the English Language Coordinator, Conference Coordinator, and Membership Coordinator positions by April 9th. You can view the positions descriptions and apply here: https://faie.org/bod-application/
Registration is now open for the FAIE 2021 Virtual Conference! For just $15, you can register for the conference right online HERE.
This year’s conference includes:
- Preconference workshops (F1 Beginner and F1 Intermediate)
- Opening reception with games and networking opportunities
- Sessions across all fields of international education
- Exhibitor hall with the chance to interact one-on-one
- Government panel including SEVP and EVP
- Immigration session looking into policies under the Biden administration
To see the complete conference schedule check out our conference page.
Florida Association for International Education (FAIE) is partnering with Study Florida to support two $2,000 scholarships annually for international students pursuing higher education at a college or university in Florida.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program at a Florida college or university.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a Florida college or university through Spring 2022. Each scholarship will be paid in two installments ($1,000 in Fall 2021 and $1,000 in Spring 2022).
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at their institution.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students may apply. One scholarship will be reserved for students pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s degree; one scholarship will be reserved for students pursuing a Masters, Doctoral, or Professional degree.
- Applicants must be a non-immigrant F-1 student visa holder in good standing.
For information please visit the Study Florida Higher Education Scholarship 2021 page.
Join us in welcoming the keynote speaker for the FAIE conference, Chris Richardson, who is a former U.S. Diplomat, prominent immigration attorney, and Co-Founder of the world’s leading remote video immigration consulting technology company, Argo Visa LLC. He is a leading expert on immigration policy. The keynote address “The Insiders And You: Immigration Truths from a Former Visa Officer and U.S. Diplomat” will take place on Friday, February 26 at 12:30 PM. Register for the conference here for $15 and join us for this exciting address.
Submit any questions you have for our panelist in the SEVP, CBP and J1 sessions. If you have a question, please ask using this form before February 5, 2021.
Emotional TLC for our International Students
Thursday, January 28th at 11:30-12:30pm Eastern
FAIE’s in the FIELD will be hosting a presentation by Youmeizi (Mable) Peng, M.S., an international student from Guangzhou, China. She is a school psychology doctoral student at Nova Southeastern University and an intern working in the Office of Social and Emotional Learning Services. Email: email@example.com to register
Advising in a post-COVID World
Friday, January 29th at 12:00-1:00pm Eastern This session will focus on the many changes to advising and being an international student advisor/professional in a COVID world. There will be polls on trends and best practices that ISSS offices can adopt whether the offices are virtual or providing some form of in person services. >> RSVP
Registration is now open for the FAIE 2021 Virtual Conference! For information and the link to the registration site, please click HERE.
Also, if you would like to be a presenter, be sure to submit your session proposal by the January 15th deadline.
The conference session submission deadline has been extended to January 21, 2021. For additional information and to submission a session proposal please click here.
Discount– Up to two presenters per accepted session will receive complimentary registration for the 2021 FAIE virtual conference.
FAIE is soliciting nominations for the “You Made a World of Difference” Award. Please help to honor your deserving colleagues by taking the time to submit a nomination this week! The criteria for the award is described here. If you have any questions, please email Jenny Frankel. We look forward to receiving your nominations and learning of the great things being done in the State of Florida!
Deadline: Friday, January 8th!
FAIEK12 International Educators Lunch Discussions (FIELD)
What does this grade mean???
A talk with Ana Avelar, International Client Liaison for SpanTran, an international credential evaluation, translation, and verification firm.
Join us on November 19th, at 11:30 am Eastern
RSVP to k12FAIE@bolles.org by November 18th.