We are currently experiencing a time of uncertainty that we have never before seen, and many of us have been working around the clock to make sure that our students, scholars, and staff/faculty are safe, and that support services continue to be available. We would like to thank each of you for all of the work you have done to help ease this transition.
We, at Florida Association for International Educators (FAIE), are here to support your efforts, and would like to offer our help as we navigate this unique time. It is people like you who impact student’s lives and build international bridges, especially in these challenging times.
Advocacy – What FAIE is Doing and What You Can Do!
At the beginning of May, FAIE sent letters to Governor Ron DeSantis, Sentor Marco Rubio and Senator Rick Scott in support of international education during this uncertain time. Read our letters in support for international education here:
Want to take action? Write Congress and urge them to help provide funding, federal oversight, and policy changes to support and sustain international education. Visit NAFSA’s COVID-19 Policy and Legislation Resources for more detailed information.
Need Help? View These Resources
With the changing climate, it can be hard to keep up. We want to be there for our members. We have compiled a list of resources to help schools and students navigate this pandemic:
- WEBINAR: COVID-19 Briefing: How International & Immigrant Populations in Higher Education are Impacted, What Campuses Leaders Need to Know
- NAFSA COVID Resources for International Educators
- UWF’s Resources for International Students Spring 2020
- Coronavirus.gov: primary federal site for general information
- USA.gov/coronavirus: catalogue of U.S. government activities
- CDC.gov/coronavirus: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention information
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
- Department of Labor
- State Department
- Justice Department Executive Office for Immigration Review
- Emotional Wellness During the COVID-19 Outbreak for International Students
- Study in the States COVID-19 Resources and Blog Posts
If you have any questions, need support, or have a resource that you found particularly helpful, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the strength of each person in our community that makes FAIE the organization it is today.