Florida Association of International Educators
“You Made a World of Difference” Awards
Celebrating International Educators
Making a World of Difference in their Institutions or Communities.
The You Made a World of Difference Award was established in 2007 to honor outstanding FAIE members in the area of international education. There will be 1-3 You Made a World of Difference award granted with no more than one recipient per district. The award recipients are recognized for their achievements and contributions and will be presented to each of the recipients at the Annual FAIE State Conference, thanking them for making a world of difference.
You Made a World of Difference Award Nomination Criteria
- Nominees must be FAIE members who have made an outstanding contribution in any of the areas of international education which significantly impacts their institution, community, and/or the professional practice.
- Current FAIE Board members are not eligible to receive the award.
The FAIE Chair and District Coordinators shall be responsible for publicizing the award and nomination process prior to the state conference. Any FAIE member may make a nomination. Nominations must be in the form of an essay, no longer than 2 pages, single-spaced (12 pt type). Nominations longer than 2 pages will not be considered. Supporting documents may also be included. Nominations can be sent via mail or email to the FAIE Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) or District Coordinator in the nominee’s district.
The FAIE Board will review all nominations.
The board will look for evidence of the following in selecting the recipient(s):
- Leadership, initiative, and excellence
- Scope and impact of contribution
- Service to students, college, and/or profession
- Encouragement and motivation of others
- Influence on positive change, innovation, improvement of practice
- Reach of contribution beyond normal job expectations
The deadline for submission of nominations is Monday, January 14, 2019. All award winners will be presented with a trophy at the Annual FAIE State Conference.